SOFTWARE ARCHITECTURE DAY: Timeless Skills for the Modern Software Architect with Eoin Woods
Technologies come and go but successful systems last forever. Or perhaps not forever, but for a lot longer than this year’s “hot” technology. Similarly with the role of the software architect, while up-to-date technology knowledge is certainly important, the fundamental skills of the architect need to transcend particular platforms and technology stacks and be adaptable and valuable enough to be applied to an ever changing technology landscape.
This one-day software architecture course introduces a range of complimentary architectural approaches and techniques that the practicing software architect can draw from and combine in their daily work, to ensure that systems are created with a strong and lasting underlying architecture.
November 22, 2016 | Ramada Iasi City Center
November 22, 2016, Ramada Iasi City Center
- 09:00 – 09:20 Registration & Welcome coffee
- 09:30 – 11:00 Part I
- 11:00 – 11:30 Coffee break
- 11:30 – 13:00 Part II
- 13:00 – 14:00 Business lunch
- 14:00 – 15:30 Part III
- 15:30 – 16:00 Coffee break
- 16:00 – 17:30 Part IV
- 17:30 – 18:00 Closing remarks
- * Defining and describing software architecture using a viewpoint-based approach that focuses on meeting the needs of the different stakeholder groups.
- * Using Architecture Principles to unify design thinking across different levels of abstraction.
- * Different approaches to architectural description from informal sketches, to formal graphical models, and the various options between these extremes.
- * The fundamentals of getting systems from development to production, which underpin approaches such as DevOps.
- * Assessing software architectures using methods like ATAM, TARA and informal approaches.
- * Dealing with legacy systems and supporting the teams responsible for them.
Special guest: Eoin Woods
“The content of the course draws on the best of the last 20 years of academic research in software architecture, but is fundamentally rooted in proven industrial practice based on the author’s 25 years of experience across product engineering and the financial industry. The goal of the day is to provide attendees with an introduction to a range of practical techniques that they can take back and starting using immediately on their projects.”
Eoin is a widely published author in both the research and industrial communities, and is co-author of the well-known book “Software Systems Architecture“
Ramada Iasi City Centre
Tickets and registration
Attend Software Architecture Day with your colleagues and save! Groups of 5 or more from the same organization receive a special group price. Contact us to register your group today!
Registration is closed! Thank you.
About Software Architecture Day Editions
Software Architecture Day is an unique event, designed for technical team leads, architects, engineering directors, and project managers who influence innovation in their teams.
The event is held every year in the main cities of Romania: Bucharest, Cluj Napoca, Timisoara and Iasi.
Since 2013, Software Architecture Day brought some of the top specialists in software architecture in the world: Neal Ford (USA), Brian Sletten (USA), Fred George (USA), Tom Gilb (NORVEGIA), Sander Hoogendoorn (OLANDA), Raoul Urma (UK), Rick Kazman (HAWAII)
Organizer: Libero Events
We organize successful events, being known as the B2B and B2C events and PR agency that believes in clients who become partners and in partners who become friends.
For 7 years and more, international and national speakers, who impress the audience with their professional and personal experiences, take part in our events.
The events organized by us are conferences and workshops: The Woman, HR Summit, TeCOMM, MarkDay, AThitecture, Software Architecture Day, Digital Travel Forum, Cluj Sales Conference, Signal Connect, but also exhibitions: Touristica, the tourism fair.
The events powered by Libero Events are based on professionalism and trust.
Feel free to contact us:
- Dostoievski St. No. 26-28, Building B, 2nd floor,
Cluj-Napoca, Romania 400424
- 0364 110 371